I feel like my biggest accomplishment is that I'm back to stitching again after a fairly substantial slump, and I've re-created my blog. I still have a really busy life and a lot (too many? haha) of hobbies, but I'm stitching again.
In fact, looking at the records, I've stitched more this year (and just in the second half of this year, actually) than I have for all of the other years I've lived here. Wow. In fact, I haven't stitched this much since 2007, which is well before I moved here (2008 was a heavy grad-school year).
And I'd like to just express my joy at how easy it is to get everything I want in Blogger's WYSIWYG editor. I used to spend hours and hours working on the CSS and imaging and other issues just to get the blog the way I want it. Now, I get everything I want - pages, background images, etc. with very little effort. No more self-taught CSS and very little HTML, yay!
And something, which I'm really proud of - I got everything organized!! (again? I've had different schemes over the years), both physically and in digital form so I know what I've got. Yeehaw, organization! I think that's part of coming out of the slump. I work on a lot of home improvement projects, which definitely impedes stitching time, but upgrading our place goes hand in hand with getting everything put away and organized :)
So here's a run-down of finishes, progress and framing
- Letters from Nora - S by Mirabilia (finished 6/19, started 2011 or 12?)
- Halloween Fairy by Mirabilia (Finished 7/28, started 2009):
- Miss Witchy Mouse by Just Nan (9/21)
- Miss New Year's Fairy by Mirabilia (Finish 10/13, started in 2011? maybe)
- Haunting love by T. A. Smith Designs (10/18)
- Christmas Mice (Star and Ornament) by Margaret Sherry (10/18)
- Immaculate Hart by Ink Circles (11/9)
- Houston Needle-Roll (finished 11/9... again)
- Wee Beasties Round Robin (12/4)
- Christmas Mouse (with holly) from WOCS 220 (12/07)
- Wild West Sheriff by Sweetheart Tree for Kathy's RR (12/14)
- Christmas Ornaments by Nora Corbett (12/24)
- Cthulhu and Meeple for Amanda's RR (12/28)
- Deco Spirits
- Ferret Knot
- Chinese Dragon