Friday, January 5

Just because I'm doing things...

I've been working on my throw/lap quilt every night.   I'm starting to getting a bit tired of it, but I wanted it to get done before the next absurd cold snap next week.

Although really, I've set a deadline that I'd like to get it done before I play the Darkening of Tristram event on D3, and I'd like to do that now. ;)

Wednesday Night:
I finished the first of three parts/strips for each block, and then I was deciding on the pieces for the next strip (these blocks are essentially three asymmetric strips, the first of 4 fabrics, the second is 2 and the last is 3).  I'm trying to keep any of the blocks from having the same two fabrics in them.   I think I will succeed with all but one block (I hadn't tried to do that yet, so it's not like I couldn't have, but I'm not ripping the seams to redo it, I think it's fine).


Thursday Night:
I had two of the three strips sewn together.  I sewed the two pieces and then the two strips.  This was my successful(!) attempt to get the last three fabrics on there so that I had no two fabrics the same in the final set (with the rest of the block).   There will be 20 blocks total in this quilt, so it took a bit of space to make sure I could see everything.

Bonus shot of my Janome 405.  My grandmother bought it for me as an intro machine back in 2003 or so, when I expressed interest in sewing.  We were at the repair/sales shop picking up her machine (getting a tune up) and when she asked the repair guy what machine he would suggest, he mentioned this one.  And damn if it hasn't been a workhorse.    I would like to get another machine with a longer throat sometime, but I'll never give this one up.  The crazy stuff I've sewn (a lot of it VERY heavy duty) through has amazed me, and this little guy has only had/needed one tune up the entire time I've had it.  I just keep her oiled and she's happy.


I think I'll finish sewing the blocks tonight, whether I sew them together is another story;  knowing me, I'll stay up too late to get it done.  I have plenty of audiobook to go through, so at least I'll keep myself entertained.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I can't seem to see the picture in this post. Which is a shame since I am sure they are lovely! I can see your other posts no problem, so I'm not sure which side the problem is on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! Blogger has been fussy lately when I try to add pics, so it's probably my end! I'll work on it today.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!