Sunday, December 31

2017 WIPocalypse wrap up

So here's the yearly wrap up for the WIPocalypse, which isn't as much as I expected originally, but a new job, move, house projects, etc. will do that to you.  Which is to say, yes, it's less than I expected, but I'm certainly not upset about it.

I always use WIPocalypse for existing WIPS (as of  Jan 1) only, so that left this original list:
  1. Epic RR
  2. Fantasy Sampler
  3. Deco Spirits  - TINY bit of progress!
  4. Desert Sunsets - PROGRESS!
  5. BoInk
  6. Freshwater Pearls - PROGRESS!
  7. Celestial Dragon
  8. Stained Glass Zelda  - Progress.... of a sort?
  9. Fortunate Traveler 
  10. Enchanter 
  11. Chinese Dragon 
My goal was to finish at least three of these, I was looking at Desert Sunsets, Freshwater Pearls, and Fantasy Sampler as my big three finishes, but I finished none ;) 

That's not to say I didn't get anything done, I did get a few things finished/done/framed, and they're in the "Finishes" tab, I just don't consider them part of my WIPocalypse SAL.

So here at least is the progress:

Deco Spirits - I started on the Air block.  that's it!  But it's something ;)


Desert Sunsets:

I started approximately here with one:


I finished it!



And I started and got a good bit done on the second (excuse the fuzzy photo, I'm too lazy to take another).



I'm absolutely confident that I will finish this one this year, mostly because I want to pass on the patterns to a friend.

Freshwater Pearls saw the most amount of progress this year, from this:


To this:


I might get this one out of the way this year, we'll see.   

And I decided to not continue with Stained Glass Zelda.  I did not get very far on the piece, and I'd like to keep the fabric for future use (hey, I use good fabric, no reason to waste it, and there's not enough done on the piece to bother adopting it out, imo).

So until next time, which should be in about a week! :)

10 comments:

  1. Love your progress, I have Deco Spirit in my stash, but haven't pulled threads and such to start it, one day. Love your Dessert Sunset - the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I actually picked up Deco Spirits after seeing someone else's blog progress :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful progress on your pieces. Good luck in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some years are meant for stitching, and some are meant for other stuff. Clearly, you did not have a stitching year, but for that you still made some nice progress! Kudos for your decision on Zelda. It's no use dragging a project along you don't really enjoy, but I know it's not an easy decision to make either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think learning to let go of projects you don't want to work on (instead of guiltily working on it or letting it languish in the UFO pile) is such a hard lesson to learn. I probably only learned it once I realized I have a finite amount of time on this world for fun projects :)

      Delete
  4. Given everything you had going, you had a very productive stitching year. I really like the sky on the second desert piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the final desert piece is my favorite (part of why I saved it for last).

      Delete
  5. I never realized how large Freshwater Pearls was! Great progress :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a monster! More than once I have wished that I did it over one on 25ct instead of over 2 because of the size. It's definitely one that will be challenging to frame myself :)

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!