I would have posted this yesterday, but we had no power thanks to Matthew, so I had to just console myself with taking pictures. I did them with indirect sunlight, my preferred light, that I think gives the truest colors with my camera phone (and I'm entirely too lazy to bother with a real camera).
I used 28 ct Vintage linen by Wichelt - I don't think it's sold any more, I started using it when I started doing the Dimples Designs bugs and that's what Terry kitten them up with. Maybe because of the age or the dying or whatever, it has shrunk down just slightly, and I can fit it in a standard frame - it was supposed to be just over 14x11, but it's now 13+ x 10+. huzzah!
I stitched from the kit (except for said fabric). I also have the leaflet and the only difference I see is that the leaflet calls for black beads in the eyes of the falcons, Horus, and Nekhbet and the kit calls for french knots. To be honest, after looking at some pieces online, I think I like the french knots a lot better.
And here, have some close ups :)
These are the two falcons, I really love the way they look
The two motifs are my favorite part of the whole designs. I love how sharp the lilies look and the papyri are even better than the border ones, imo.
The scarab - I debated making him sparkly, but there are no other sparkly bits (other than the rays)
|Center Panel with Horus, Osiris, and Isis|
|Border & corner - I flove the colors|
And there you go. I've already got Fantasy Sampler in the Qsnaps, so I can't wait to see how far I get with that one this month :)