Monday, September 19

September WIPocalypse

It's time for WIPocalypse again!  Hosted by Measi.

I have a lot to show off for September, which is awesome!

First off is Egyptian Sampler.  The last time WIPocalypse saw it, it was here:

Overview of the whole thing, minus the little bit in the border that I got done
Just showing the bit of green in the border that I had gotten since the previous "overview"
And now we're here:


And I had ended with Triforce of Badassery here:

Completed two triangles
This is how far I had gotten on the third triangle
And finished it!


And lastly, I have been working on Desert Sunrise II at work occasionally and it was here:


And now it's here:

I went ahead and went all the way across the top.   The top corner left dark thread is a blend of the fiber made for this piece blended with a dmc.  You stitch a certain pattern to get the effect (which I don't think worked out super well on that first section, so I decided to get the just-DMC portion finished in the sky.  I think if I can fill it in, I can make the pattern more apparent.   And I stitched the cactus in the middle just because.  It gives me a nice anchor/break to work around.

I think I've done pretty well for this WIPocalypse.   I need to sincerely thank Justine for her Solo September, because without it, I don't think ES would have gotten so much progress.

The only thing I'm a bit miffed about is that the frame I ordered for Triforce was super late, so I couldn't give it to my friend for his birthday.   But that's OK, I'll get it to him one of these days.  I have everything I need to frame it, so I'll work on it tonight.

I'm hoping by next WIPocalypse I'll have a TW finish and maybe progress on another.  I'll be taking part in TWOctober as an added push to get another WIP out of the pile.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous16:00

    TWOctober? I think my Tapesty Cat needs that. I'm loving Solo September! And I really really envy you your progress this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I can't remember when, but somewhere on Facebook or in a BB or somewhere, the TWOctober SAL started, I think because it's easy to pronounce? lol? but yes, Teresa Wentzler October. I'll totally take part! :)

      Delete
  2. I have several TW's in my stash and I think in my youth I probably would have gotten them done, but now not so much. too many other things I want to stitch. Love your progress on all of your projects. your TW will look great when it's finished. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! ES is so close, that is fantastic! Love the Triforce too, and very annoying about the frame... Good luck finishing off ES and nice start on Desert Sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did awesomely! I didn't think it was possible to get that much done on a TW in just one month, and yet you are sooo close to a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress and congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!