There was a third round robin that I went ahead and sent on, because it was getting ridiculous. I'm so glad to have a good group of friends to be doing this round robin with. They've been utterly patient with me and we all just keep going.
I think part of it is, almost everyone has had a hiccup at some point (though mine is the worst) and since it is a group of friends, it's not as formal as an online one would be (thank the baby octopus - after my whole stress out situation from March-June, I would have been banned from ever participating in one again!)
So here is Annette's. She only gave a color scheme (Thread Gatherer Silk N Colors - Halloween Confetti) and asked us to put our initials at the end of our band.
I decided to have a little fun with it. All but the copper color in the Sandworm was stitched in Dinky Dye silks or the Thread Gatherer supplied. The Coppery color is an overdye, but I don't remember which one off the top of my head.
Here's my band below Kathy's:
|I liked the way it came out... somewhat normal, but a lot of fun. I really like the way the colors worked on the satin fan band.|
|Right - showing off my adorable Sandworm's face.|
Here's a breakdown of the bands:
- Herringbone stitches - a band from Tywyn Sampler, my favorite stitch of all time.
- A fun stitch I've been wanting to try - that one is done using the Halloween Confetti threads
- Sandworm from Little Alien Schoolgirl (by InkCircles). I love that pattern, and Dune is probably my all time favorite sci-fi (overall.
- Both of those bands are from a pattern in an old JCS that I have never gotten around to stitching.