That said, I feel like I only partly participated in a few last year, since I missed joining any at the beginning of the year, but this year, I'm already racking up a few SALs to participate in!
I am trying to focus on those that will allow me to work through my WIP/UFO pile. I tend towards larger designs, so I'm not participating in anything that requires smalls or finishes... I also prefer to post on my own blog, so I'm not joining anything that makes me post elsewhere (though I do like watching!)
So far I have -
- DESIGN SAL, which introduces people to designers every month. Each month, you post a piece with a different designer - the deets are on the main page.
- Year of the Magnificent TW for 2015, hosted at Sceal Teach
- Measi's fantastic WIPocalypse, which is my favorite SAL.
- YOTA (first Saturday, though I know with my weekend crazyness, I might miss a few)
- New Year, New Start SAL on January 1
I'm stitching the stained glass Zelda Windwaker piece from SpriteStitch
- Race to Spring SAL starting on January 5.
From January 5 to March 20, one should finish a WIP/UFO that has not been stitched on in the previous 6 months. I'm going to work on either Fantasy Sampler or Egyptian Sampler. Everyone that finishes is entered in a drawing. I don't know if I care about the drawing, so much as I do actually getting a TW out of the way.
I've already updated my tentative rotation for 2015.
I really like stitching large pieces in rotation until a certain "thing" is done, whether it's a motif, area, color, etc. For Deco Spirits, it's easy - an entire block, for BoInk, it's a page (or three). Some of the pieces are more difficult to define, so I can get "stuck" because I really like discrete mini-completions to celebrate, but I get there eventually.