Monday, May 29

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Lots and lots of stitching. And I finished a couple of things.
A house warming gift from Margaret. I finished it a while ago, but I didn't post it, because I wanted to show it off to her at Vegas CATS first. It's called "When Life Gives you Lemons" by Ruby Slipper designs. Stitched on 28 ct Blush (by the blended needle).  Anyway, the saying goes "When life gives you lemons... get the salt and tequila!"



Then there is the Plum fruit cloissonne ornament I did for Stasha's RR.

{Image Missing}

And I did a band from Gabriel for Nicole's RR

{Image Missing}

And today I finished Shiraz Sampler by Dinky Dyes. I used 32 ct Legacy linen from Picture this Plus and I used Dinky Dyes's Warratah silk instead of the Shiraz it calls for because I'm a sucker for a pretty red.



And finally - here is a baby blanket I knitted for a friend. Yes, it's for a girl. Yes that's camoflage yarn, and no, I'll never knit another baby blanket again. I'm pretty sure this took the better part of 9 months. While you're at it, check out that new stitching chair. Yeah baby. The blanket is from the "Stitch' n Bitch" book. It's hard to see in the little picture, but the different quadrants were knitted/purled different so they show up in person. Just trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!