Sunday, December 14

Wild West Sheriff - Chubby Nutcracker by Sweetheart Tree

I just started a round robin not long ago with a few friends.

For the first round, I stitched on my friend Kathy's.   She has a thing for nut crackers, and she chose the Chubby Nutcracker series for us to stitch.

I chose the Wild West Sheriff since everyone knows me for being a Texan.   I did the hat band in satin stitch and chose to do the entire face over one.

Added in the name and voila!

Now I just have to figure out what motif/s to do for Amanda's!


5 comments:

  1. Great changes. That is going to be a very cute piece when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi, that guy looks great! I love the concept of RR stitching, what is yous about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leonore, a group of friends decided it would be fun if we did one after I was talking about another RR I'd been in a long time ago. We all decided to go with individual themes - and the only rules I have is that I want bands from everyone, and I'd prefer they stick to jewel tones (not neons, pastels, etc.). I want everyone to stitch whatever makes them happy :)
      At one mailing/month this one is one of the faster paced ones I've ever been in (I'm used to 6-8weeks!), but there are a lot of us participating :) (11)

      Delete
  3. YIIIHAAAWWW! Never would have thought of a Cowboy Nutcracker, makes me giggle just thinking about it now :D I love that you did the face 1 over 1, it smooths things out a bit and allows the rest of the texture to "be" something if that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it adorable? Thanks for the compliment! There were so many quarter stitches called for that I figured doing the whole thing over one would be way better.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!