Monday, July 13

Round Robin Update

Huzzah!   I finally finished my band on the round robin to ship it out to the next person.   I should have mailed this off in April - that's how far behind I am.   I have a second round robin already, but I have a plan for that and should have it done this week.

There was a third round robin that I went ahead and sent on, because it was getting ridiculous.  I'm so glad to have a good group of friends to be doing this round robin with.  They've been utterly patient with me and we all just keep going.

I think part of it is, almost everyone has had a hiccup at some point (though mine is the worst) and since it is a group of friends, it's not as formal as an online one would be (thank the baby octopus - after my whole stress out situation from March-June, I would have been banned from ever participating in one again!)

So here is Annette's.   She only gave a color scheme (Thread Gatherer Silk N Colors - Halloween Confetti) and asked us to put our initials at the end of our band.

I decided to have a little fun with it.  All but the copper color in the Sandworm was stitched in Dinky Dye silks or the Thread Gatherer supplied.   The Coppery color is an overdye, but I don't remember which one off the top of my head.

Here's my band below Kathy's:

I liked the way it came out... somewhat normal, but a lot of fun. I really like the way the colors worked on the satin fan band.

Left

Right - showing off my adorable Sandworm's face.

Here's a breakdown of the bands:
  1. Herringbone stitches - a band from Tywyn Sampler, my favorite stitch of all time.
  2. A fun stitch I've been wanting to try - that one is done using the Halloween Confetti threads
  3. Sandworm from Little Alien Schoolgirl (by InkCircles).  I love that pattern, and Dune is probably my all time favorite sci-fi (overall.
  4. Both of those bands are from a pattern in an old JCS that I have never gotten around to stitching.



11 comments:

  1. That's very creative and so so pretty - worth the wait I'm sure your friend will agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that she gave us a color scheme to work with and not much else, it makes it cohesive and fun to do :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bands! And what a relief to be able to send it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea! I'm so happy to know that the next one will be gone this weekend, too. Progress, hooray!

      Delete
  3. I love the color choices. The fan stitches especially are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks super pretty! I love the colours, and how clean your special stitches are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that! I do wish I had more samplers, I love doing specialty stitches, so I definitely wanted to get some in for this RR :)

      Delete
  5. What fun stitches! At least you were responsible and sent one on to come back to you later. There are some people out there who just decide to disappear off of the face of the earth instead with someone's piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just can't be that guy... and of course, I couldn't let my friends down! (not that I wouldn't have been responsible with strangers :) ).
      I'm fortunate that in all of the round robins I've been in, I haven't lost anything, either by theft or postal mishap!

      Delete
  6. This is lovely, Suz!! Those specialty stitches are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!