Wednesday, April 11

Sugar Skull by Mill Hill - Fini!

Unfortunately, the Partner and I ran amok of a little norovirus this past weekend.
The upside was a lot of audiobook listening and a bit of stitching while I was burning the house down washing a whole lot of loads of laundry to make sure it didn't come back.  Luckily we have a three day norovirus policy at work, so at least I didn't use my PTO for it.

But I finished the Mill Hill Skull!   I would have finished it three days earlier if I'd found the posy button sooner.  It went missing in one of my bags and it took me a bit to find.  I was actually trying to order a new one when I finally ran across it (in my Freshwater Pearls project bag).

I stitched it on 28ct white lugana rather than the perforated paper that came in the kit.  I love the effect with all of the beads, I enjoyed doing it a lot less (haha).

Sugar Skull by Mill Hill, Finished 9 Apr 2018







There was definitely more than enough beads and threads for this kit.  I'll have to give it away because I don't want to waste (not enough to do it entirely a second time, but probably enough where it won't cost too much).

I started working on Deco Spirits, hopefully the Air block will be my next mini-finish before I move onto something else... or maybe onto the next block.  :D

6 comments:

  1. Great finish! These are so cool. I don't think I want to stitch one, that's an awful lot of beads. Glad you found your button and are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, the beads were a bit of a bear ;)

      Delete
  2. The sugar skull looks awesome! I love those beaded kits. I do hope that virus will stay away from you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I keep looking at other beaded kits, but I haven't had anything call enough to make me want to do another one (yet) :)

      Delete
  3. Ick sorry the virus found you guys. Hopefully it's gone and stays away now. Congrats on your MH finish. I have one on fabric and I think I prefer the perforated paper personally. Yours turned out perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to blame it on working in a hospital ;) And thank you :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!