Monday, March 12

Update! And sewing; and other reasons for not stitching.

It's been a bit since my last update, and part of that is because I haven't stitched.    Instead of stitching I've been mostly working on the house; though I did do a little sewing.

And this happened:



Her name is Freyja and she was found as a stray.  We think she's ~6mos, and she's the cutest thing.  Mona wasn't very appreciative of her at first, but they get along fine and Mona even jumps around and plays with her once in a while (particularly in the yard).  I swore I wouldn't get a puppy, but wanted an older dog, and she's reminding me why, but she's too cute to stay mad at for long.   It wasn't until I was taking some photos of her that I noticed she has heterochromia (different colored eyes), and, well, she doesn't really let me stitch much ;)   She seems to have rottie and lab in her, maybe some terrier, and I'm hoping to do one of those doggie-dna tests just for fun.

We also replaced all of the (external) doors in the house, and I didn't realize that it did not include painting, so any time the weather is remotely decent, I'm trying to get the interior/exterior painted.  Some day, I swear, I'll get back to stitching.  I'm hoping to IHSW this weekend - we'll see.

But!  I did get a bit of sewing done.  I had to put my sewing machine away for a puppy shower/gaming party, but I think I'm ready to get back to sewing so I can finish off my Hearts Across America banner.

Here's my Tiles Quilt all bound and done:


Folded and looking quite nice on the back of the couch.  I'm super pleased with the colors, but I'll still be using the same pattern for another layer cake I have sitting around (maybe, there's another pattern I'm eyeing as well).


The back of the quilt; I wanted to use one of the little rosebud prints, but I couldn't find it.  This is using the Boundless line - the house brand for Craftsy, I was pretty pleased with the fabric.


And I used the Compositions jelly roll I bought in Vegas to make a modified Jelly Roll Race quilt.  Instead of doing the plain jelly roll, I split every other fabric and lined the wide strip with the skinny strip and then jelly-roll-raced it, just for fun, and I think it came out pretty well, too.


I really liked the map/newsprint fabric in the roll, so I found some on clearance and ordered it for the backing.


I'm thinking of doing a Carpenter Star pattern for the Ruby Fleur fabric and the Two Step for the Space Otters (spirit animals by Tula Pink) that I got at the quilt show.  It looks like I might actually pull off the "less unused fabric by the end of the year" goal that I had!  Now I just need to get around to stitching, or at least training the pupper to let me stitch ;)

Oh, and fun fact - I had another one of those mystery spam posts, turns out that it's because I had the "post from email" turned on, and they used that.   Which is also why I didn't get an email about the blog post posting; it presumed I sent it.  I turned off the post-from-email, and that shouldn't happen again.  I'm just glad I wasn't actually hacked or anything.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute dog! Love the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable dog. I would love to get a puppy but I keep telling myself no...for now. Love your quilts. Fantastic job on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's a sweet pupper and seems to be settling in well. We're working on a few behavioral issues, but that's to be expected with one so young :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, all you non stitching now and forever is totally excused by looking into those eyes. She's adorable!
    Great progress in the quilting too. I especially love the blue one, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, Freyja thanks you for the compliment and would like you to know that she's always ready and willing to accept those and treat :P

      Thank you re: the quilting! :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!