Friday, January 12

I almost forgot - I'm famous, y'all!

OK, famous might be the wrong word, but a bit ago, Audible had a Facebook post (before I crawled into a non-fb hole; I creep out now and again, but not often) asking what people had done while listening to audiobooks. 

I've been an Audible subscriber since 2006 (I love them), and I bought audiobooks on good ol' fashioned tapes and CDs before that, so I've done a lot. 

I used to listen at work, so I've done confocal microscopy, rodent surgeries, immunohistochemistry, rack washing, cage washing... 

I've listened to them on long driving trips, during daily commutes (bus and car). 

I've listened to them while doing chores, dishes, cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, cleaning out the car, washing the dog, walking the dog, using a treadmill or elliptical. 

I've listened to them while working on any variety of projects: putting in new flooring, painting, plumbing, stenciling, building the murphy bed, building the bar, putting together Ikea furniture, gardening.

I've definitely listened to them while crafting:  cross stitching, sewing, quilting, making costumes, painting, crocheting and knitting.

Heck, I've even listened to audiobooks while gaming if I've already done the play-through of a story mode or if I've played the game before and I'm just enjoying the action.

So since Audible asked, I answered.   I had to pick one thing, so I picked the most obvious (cross stitch), and I just went through my finished tab and picked what I thought was the most photogenic.   They contacted me to ask what I was listening to (I hadn't mentioned what I was listening to, heck, I can't remember because I've listened to hundreds of audiobooks), and I just picked Curse of Chalion because it's my favorite audiobook and I listen to it every year (or more!).

So now I'm on their website, along with a lot of other people who do some really awesome and interesting things, and I think it's just neat.  They have a "Done while Listening" page for anyone curious as to what they collected, and I'm just happy to have been chosen to be there (as a long time audible subscriber, lover, and promoter).


10 comments:

  1. That's cool. Congrats on being famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re famous:)

    I had no idea you have an interest in Russian fairytales. I’ll have to show you some pics when you get back from your trip. The orphanage Josh lived in had a pretty awesome mural of the giant turnip story. We actually found a large set of nesting dolls made of characters from the story as well while we were in Siberia. And now you make me want to stitch all the Russian things, I’ll check out your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my mom died, my dad was going to some sort of widows/divorcees support group at a church in Tucson. My brother and I were the only kids there, but the priest who ran the group/church was really chill with us and let us play in the (fenced) yard, read books from his library, or hang out with his Doberman, Babe. He had a Russian Folktales book that I read over and over again. I eventually scammed it out of him (14 year old scamming a book from a priest should have been a sign that I was a monster, but at least I was a literate one ;) ). I would love to see some pictures. When I had friends who would go to Russia, they would send me back the coolest postcards knowing how much I loved it. And I gobble up any books that have a Russian Folk-Tale bent to them :)

      Delete
  3. How fun! Congratulations! I love listening to audiobooks while stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really do like audiobooks - I was an audiobook jerk before (they're not real books) I started listening with a friend on long car trips.

      Delete
  4. Audiobooks are the BEST! Congratulations on your famousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And I agree - totally the best :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, that's a really neat thing of them to do - clever marketing move as well! I wish I could really get into audio books, but I just don't enjoy them much, not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I thought it was a marketing ploy, but it did make it more fun. I've been a subscriber since 2006 and their customer service is amazing, so I don't mind being a shill ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!