Wednesday, August 17

WIPWednesday

I have two! updates.

One is for the Zelda piece I'm working on at work called Triforce of Badassery (pattern courtesy of SpriteStitch).  I finished the second triangle and can move onto the third.  Huzzah!  I am hoping to get this done in time to get it finished for a friend's birthday and I think I'll make it! (plus, another finished WIP/WIPocalypse item!)


The other is that with my Winnie the Pooh project done, I've slapped Egyptian Sampler back in the home Qsnaps!



I would really like to get it done, though admittedly, I'm not super enthused about stitching it.  I think my lack of enthusiasm is because I've been spoiled on easy stitching - no blending, little confetti, few quarter stitches.  I love TWs and I love them when they're done, but they are more complex than I've been stitching for a while.  I'll be happy enough when have this one done, though.  And I'm hoping that once I 'get used' to TW stitching again, it'll inspire me to work on more (since I have so many WIPs).

Though probably not this weekend, I've been itchin' to videogame ;)

7 comments:

  1. 2/3 ain't bad ;) unless that reference is too old. The Egyptian sampler will be magnificent, but yes, it's fiddly. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reference is definitely not too old :) I'm hoping my plan of attack makes ES marginally easier than I've made it in my head :P

      Delete
  2. Both projects look great. I have kitted a bunch of TWs but have only stitched one - the blends and fractionals just don't make for a relaxing stitch (for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished a few, but only one big one (Storyteller). I have Enchanter, Fortunate Traveler, Fantasy Sampler, Egyptian Sampler, and Celestial Dragon all started, with Castle Sampler as a bucket list item. They definitely are longer stitches, and I think all of the pain is worth it, but it feels SO SLOW. I've spent two nights working on Egyptian now, and it feels like I haven't gotten anything done! I've been so spoiled with the faster stiches and want my faster gratification! ;)

      Delete
  3. Great progress on the triforce, and I'm excited to see progress on the egyptian sampler! I know TWs can feel intimidating, but I'm sure that feeling will vanish once you've done a few sessions on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on both!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!