Thursday, March 5

Throwback Thursday- Dogs Leave Pawprints


I'm not sure when I picked up this pattern, but I did stitch it during the very brief period I came out of my stitching slump in late 2010/early 2011 (but not enough to actually blog ;) ).

It's called Dogs Leave Pawprints by Lizzie*Kate.   I'm not a huge fan of L*K's stuff because it is more primitive than my usual tastes run, but they have some really cute designs with even more adorable quotes or sayings.  I think I still have 2 or 3 charts left in my stash.

I stitched it on a ginormous piece of lambswool linen (not even kidding, I think I have 5" borders on this puppy), and I think some day I'll finish it into a flat fold or something fun like that.    I still have some of this lambswool stuff left because it is what I bought for Lily Pond Dreams since it has that lined/hazy look..   I'm not sure I really want to spend the time or effort to stitch it, but having it on display would be nice.



I finished it on 3/21/2011, using whatever threads I had on hand (they're overdyed, but the variegation isn't so strong as to be really noticeable).   I do think it's super cute.

12 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of Lizzie*Kate but I will admit she has some cute samplers and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It's why I can't do any of their series or mysteries ;)

      Delete
  2. I like doing the odd Lizzie Kate just for the simplicity and fun colours amongst the more complex things I stitch. Sometimes the sayings are just too good to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - and I'm a total sucker for any of their dog related stuff! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute finish. As Dani said, L*K is good for the fun colors and rest projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true - sometimes resting is nice :)

      Delete
  4. It's very cute! I love Lizzie*Kate designs and have quite a few I want to stitch eventually...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that they seem to take a bit less time and lend themselves to more variegated threads. I think I could finish a lot of L*Ks in the time it takes to finish something more complicated ;)

      Delete
  5. I feel the same about L*K but they do make great Travelling Patterns!
    At least dogs only leave paw prints, cats leave claw marks LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you keep the puppies claws trimmed, too! haha

      Delete
  6. Cute piece!
    LK's are a little primitive. Have quite a few and started stitching some recently. The finishing makes all the difference on how they look in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that the primitives do lend themselves into more fun finishing styles (I think, anyway).

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any kind of comment or question I love and will answer comments, and if you're new to me I'll stalk you over to your blog and add it to my feed!